Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This year so far...

This year has been unbelievable so far: in more ways than one. The first reason for this statement would be how extremely busy Jono and I have been. It feels as though a summer just went by, even though it was only Jan, Feb and March. Let me list a few of the things contributing to our busyness:

1. I started attending community college. Community College is a grand 'ole thing... if you don't have a job or a life! What makes it so busy is my film production class, requiring approximately 14hrs a week (which obviously wasn't stated in the class schedule). Even though I complain quite a bit about this factor in my life, I have really enjoyed it: meeting new people, learning some new things and changing the usual routine up a bit.

2. Wintercamp. Wintercamp rolls around every year around the end of February. Our first year here I was frustrated with the concept of Wintercamp. My reasoning was: "Why should we spend so much money and time on taking christian students up the mountain to experience God, when they can do that in their own bedrooms?"
I have since then seen the fruits of Wintercamp, and now find myself looking forward to it every year. This year was especially amazing because 4 other churches joined us this time. Namely: Calvary Chapel Carlsbad, East Hills Community Church, Southlands Church int. and Ridgecrest church of the nazarene. The most amazing thing was to experience the unity God gave us as churches. We had sooo much fun together: all 169 of us!
For more info and pictures on wintercamp, visit Carrie's blog.

Jono doing his thing:


Standard:

Melissa doing her thing


Dave & Alyson Reinhardt joined us for the weekend: Love Them!






3. Redeemed Girls conference. Redeemed took place this past weekend and it was AWESOME. This event has been a long time coming, first being birthed during Christmas of 2007.  God did some wonderful things this weekend in all the girls' lives. I looked back on my teenage years and remembered how events like this impacted my life and stayed with me as I grew up. 

4. Tanzania Mission trip: August 2009. I am so excited about this trip. We will be partnering with Hope of the Nations in Kigoma Tanzania. However, there is so much to do before we can go, and so the next few months are lined up with fundraisers and much more. Please be praying for the team as we step out in faith believing this is what God wants for us.

5. And then there is standard everyday stuff: Youth group every wednesday, young adults, skate park outreach, staff meetings, prayer walks, finding a reliable car, home fellowship and pico (he needs attention too).

Wednesday nights:

It feels good to have done so much in this first portion of the year, I'm just so tired.

5 comments:

danielle marie. said...

1.Community College- Its awesome your going back. and good your having fun.
2.Winter Camp- ALWAYS a fun time. I'm so bummed that i culdnt go this past year :(
3.Redeemed Conference- Absolutely amazing. Words cant even describe.
4.Tanzania- You guys are going to be great up there and God is going to work through you in so many ways. I'll definately be praying.

Carrie Allen said...

No one can ever take it away from you...

Anonymous said...

Hi Simone -

We miss you sooo much here in South Africa! I'm happy you are blogging so we can all stay updated on your life! So happy for you that you are going back to school. That Carrie girl is right, no one can take that degree away from you! Make sure to listen to that Carrie...

Anyway, I am stoked that you guys had an awesome time at camp! I wish you would have posted more pictures though... and also, who are the random people on the two pictures where they are sitting on the intertubes... you didn't write anything about them.... just wondering...

Tell Jono I said hi!

Tot Siens!

blythe said...

great post--- fun to see your highlights from the year....is highlights the right word?

natalie said...

It is tough being a working mother.....poor Pico.