Sunday, March 8, 2009

English 1A, I'll miss you

This semester I took the GE required English 1A class with Miss Suki Fisher. It is an 8 week class. This Tuesday will be our last class, and I am so sad that it's done! I never thought I would enjoy this class the most out of all the classes I'm taking. 
We always had great conversations during class, breaching topics such as: serial killers, adultery, God, faith, moral code and the differences between men and women. I even met another South African in this class! The crazy thing is that we only figured out that we are both from SA 6 weeks into the class. He has managed to disguise his accent quite a bit, and he thought I was from Australia. Australia. Really?
I really enjoyed the way Miss Fisher taught, always up for interesting discussion. And, along the way I also learnt a lot about writing structure. That's always good I guess?
I think I'm going to take cupcakes to class on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Frank And Lela said...

Uh, let's not forget that cupcakes can also make the day of a certain staff on Tuesday...no pressure of course!

Carrie Allen said...

Ya, you never bring us cupcakes! Or friendship bread!

But congrats on being halfway done through your first semester!! It a strange way, I feel like a proud parent...

Remember... no one can take this from you... ;)

blythe said...

aww cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

fWhat happened to the cupcakes? And thank you for solving the mystery of Dominic's origins (I assume he's the one from S.A.). I could NOT place his accent.

I'm glad you enjoyed the class. I hope to see you next year!

Suki

Carrie Allen said...

Niiiice...comments from your teacher.... excellent.

Frank Morgan said...

those classes will surprise ya. some of the best classes i've had were one's expected to be lame. kudos for English 1A