Monday, February 1, 2010

!Kooza

This weekend we had the privilege of going to see Cirque du Soleil's production Kooza. I remember seeing a promo for Cirque when I was about 14 in South Africa, and since that moment it had been a loose goal of mine to see them perform someday. Well, thanks to a very generous gift that "goal" was attained this weekend.
The entire production was incredibly well co-ordinated: from the sound, to lighting to the choice of music and costuming. I can't remember the last time I was so wowed by a performance.
Here are three videos highlighting Kooza. The trailer is poorer quality than I'd prefer, but I couldn't find a better one. The contortionist one is much better quality. The unicycle act was my favorite; I loved the french feel to it. And maybe it was my favorite because of the romantic aspect. enjoy!



1 comment:

danielle marie. said...

thats awesome :) the things those people can do are amazing.