Saturday, December 12, 2009

Invictus

We went to see Invictus last night. I loved it. Was it a little on the cheesy side? Most definitely. However, it was absolutely incredible to see images of Newlands Stadium, Table Mountain, Robben Island and the N2 on the bigscreen in our little Aliso Viejo California theatre. Matt Damon did a great job with the accent. Morgan Freeman struggled a bit, but still pulled it off. The score was painful: I think they used local artists. What do you do?
It was good for me to be reminded of that sweet day when we won the world cup, and I certainly was proud to be a South African as the credits rolled.





ps. I had the great honour of interviewing Francois Pienaar in 2005. Just thought you should know :)

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

aww, really, cheesy? I didn't think it was cheesy. But the score was really really and truly terrible. But I felt like even with the bad music, it didn't make is "cheesy".

But I am happy I got to watch it with a real South African!!!