Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

This weekend, I got to experience an American tradition that I have not tried before: Pumpkin Carving. My friend Ibeth, who I met in my Deutsche class, invited Jono, myself, Melissa, Natalie and Victor over to her pumpkin carving party. We had such a fun time! Who knew carving pumpkins could be so much fun? My pumpkin did not turn out so great (I'm a little creatively-challenged when it comes to this sort of thing), but everyone else's came out incredibly creative. I was especially impressed with Natalie and Victor's products since neither of them have ever done this before.



Melissa imitating Natalie's baby bump





Getting gooey



Ibeth and her ghoulish design


Natalie hard at work


The end result (Natalie's pumpkin)



Victor's masterpiece



Mine's the haggard looking one on the end



Jono's work of art





Ibeth's husband, James, admiring his handy work



The end result



All our pumpkins on display


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job Simone!

danielle marie. said...

i love it!
me and frankie are doing this with friends on thursday!

jordan said...

haa, i got a good laugh at that guy James' pumpkin

so. good.