Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A List

So, a few random things that have popped into my head that I'd like to do/ see happen in 2009:

1. Go snowboarding
2. Do the Voice Over class offered at Saddleback
3. Tell Charlie he's "outtaline"
4. See my High School girls make wise decisions, ones that count for God
5. Travel up the West Coast to Vancouver BC
6. Sit outside on our patio more
7. Buy a cat power album - have been enjoying her music very much of late
8. Cook at home more
9. Have more patience with Pico
10. Drink more water
11. Exercise more
12. Blog more
13. Worry less
14. Give more. One can always be challenged in your generosity
15. Be a videographer at a wedding

This list is ever expanding. Sometimes it helps writing things down in lists. I am most definitely a "list" person. Something about writing a list calms me down.  For instance, on days when I have to go to Trader Joe's (which, btw, I heard confirmation this week that the building opposite Lowe's in Aliso Viejo IS a Trader Joe's!), Ralphs, Target, Henry's and Block Buster, I write a list, ordering the day . It makes the tasks so much more manageable. 

Something on my list for this week is Wintercamp. Winter camp is next weekend. un.be.liev.a.ble. I love winter camp. And this year I am especially expectant of what God is going to do in the lives of those going. Right now we have such a large group going that we're struggling with transportation plans. Hopefully it all falls into place by next weekend - it always does.

Anyhoo... just thought I would share some of my lists with the blogosphere.

6 comments:

danielle marie. said...

1. i very much like your list.

2. i am SOOOOO a list person. i make lists all the time. i love it. i thought about blogging about it one time, i still might...

3. winter camp. so. much. fun. im going to miss it this year. i wish i could go back...

4. everything WILL fall into place and God will provide the right transportation.

5. i miss you.

Carrie Allen said...

Trader Joooooooeeeessss!!!!!!!

blythe said...

Who's Charlie???

The Union Line is doing a tour to Vancouver BC and back in April....

Cat Power's Moonpix album is great. Or covers, or jukebox...

i bet i can get you a wedding to film, if you'll do it for free/cheap...?

Simone Knepper said...

yes, I'll do it for free/ cheap!!

Chris Reinhardt said...

i concur with Blythe on the Cat Power records but whatever album(s) you go with by all means necessary go and buy her cover of Fortunate Son off Dark End of the Street AND Amazing Grace off Dark Was the Night

Carrie Allen said...

And if you buy her song from dark was the night, the money goes towards a great cause! Actually, the whole album is amaaazing